The history of pharmacy in Krasnobród
Current Issues in Pharmacy and Medical Sciences Vol. 26, No. 3, Pages 351-358
ANDRZEJ WRÓBEL1*, MAŁGORZATA KORZENIOWSKA1, RAFAŁ WRÓBEL2, KATARZYNA MALCZENKO1
1 Department of History of Medicine, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
2 Chair and Department of Paedodontics, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
Krasnobród called a heart of Roztocze, is one of the beautifully situated little towns in Poland. Krasnobród once received a charter drawn up by King Sigismund III Vasa in 1572. It lost these rights in 1896 and recovered them again in 1995. The first mention of a phar ma ceu ti cal enterprise within Krasnobród was in the nineteenth century. It was run by Seweryn Szydoczyński, the prowizor of pharmacy [professional degree obtained by the pharmacy staff after graduation from university and professional practice] and was in business for eleven years. In 1895 M. Pharm Ignacy Niedzielski bought the pharmacy, where he worked for 23 years. In 1930, his daughters sold the pharmacy to M. Pharm. Mieczysław Sieklucki. He was the owner of the pharmacy until 1951 (nationalization) and then for 17 years he was managing the pharmacy. Mieczysław Sieklucki, a man of great heart, social activist, was a true model of what a pharmacist can be. In 1970 M. Pharm. Zofia Kleniewska became the manager. In 1982, the pharmacy was moved from 3-Maja Street to newly built house of the Kleniewski’s family at Lelewela Street. The pharmacy ceased functioning in 1998.
Files to download
history of pharmacy in Krasnobród, biographies of Mieczysław Sieklucki, Zofia Sieklucka, Zofia Kleniewska, nationalization of pharmacies in 1951
- Archives of PZF Cefarm-Lublin, personal files of M. Sielkucki, B-50.
- APL – State Archive of Lublin, RGL – Guberniya Government of Lublin, Department of Medicine, personal files, 1923, 9-11.
- APL–RGL – personal files, 1923, 1.
- APL-RGL, Department of Medicine II, 1884, 19.
- APL- RGL, Department of Medicine II, 1885, 65.
- APL-PWRN, 644, 31.
- APL-PWRN, 644, 38.
- Głowacki W., Farmaceuci Zamojszczyzny w walce z okupantem hitlerowskim, Farmacja Polska, 5, 1987.
- Memories of Maria Sieklucka, 05. 2001, unpublished.
- Memories of dr Żołyński, unpublished.
- Memories of Zofia Kleniewska, 04. 2001.
- Notarial deed signed in Zamość in 1930 before John Zielinski – notary of The Mortgage Department Municipal Court in Zamość. Private collection of the Sieklucki’s family.
- Notarial deed signed in Zamość in 1933 before John Zieliński – notary of The Mortgage Department Municipal Court in Zamość. Private collection of the Sieklucki’s family.
- Romanowski H., Pożegnania, Farmacja Polska, 3,1980.
- Wróbel A., Pożegnania, Farmacja Polska, 49(96) 16-31.01 2003, 93.